Access to Copernicus Space Component data is governed by the following documents defining the right to use and distribute data:
- Legal Notice for Sentinel Data – Signature of this license is not requested as acceptance is implicit when downloading Sentinel data from the Copernicus Open Access Hub
- ESA-User license for the use of Copernicus Contributing Missions data - Data Warehouse phase 2 (2014-2020) - Acceptance of this license is requested if data other than Sentinel and ESA data are to be downloaded
The license refers to the Mission-specific Annex that describes specific provisions of the Data Providers (CCMEs).
Acceptance of the ESA-User license is a prerequisite to accessing any Contributing Mission data and completes the CSCDA on-line registration process. The license must be read before being accepted. Instructions for electronic license acceptance can be found in the Registration guidelines.
If license signature is performed by the project coordinator for a complete Copernicus Service Project (CSP) or by the legal representative for a company/institution, the document (available at the top of this page) should be printed, compiled, physically signed, scanned and returned to the SCI at EOSupport@Copernicus.esa.int.
For any queries or issues with the DWH licensing process, please consult the FAQs below or contact the SCI at EOSupport@Copernicus.esa.int.
Should the license be electronically accepted or physically signed?
- If the license is to be accepted on behalf of the individual Copernicus user, the license should be electronically accepted through the Copernicus User's Personal Area
- If the license is to be signed by a Coordinator on behalf of a complete Copernicus Service Project (CSP) or by a Legal Representative on behalf of a company, the physical license should be signed
Who shall accept the ESA-User license for the use of Copernicus Contributing Missions data?
The ESA-User license should be accepted by the individual user in the Copernicus User's Personal Area after self-registration is completed. Alternatively the legal representative of the company requesting access to the primary or altered products can physically sign the license document. In the case of a Consortium (Service Project), the Coordinator may opt for a single signature by the Project Coordinator by signing the license document
What are the fields to be completed in the physical license form?
If the license is to be signed by the Coordinator or Legal Representative, the form shall include:
- On the first page, the name of the Company for which the document is signed
- On the last page, the Company name, the name of the person signing the license below the signature, and, in the case of a Consortium coordinator signing on behalf of all members, the list of companies belonging to be Consortium.
If our Company is involved in more than one project, can we sign only one license?
You may sign one single license as the license is at Company level. The physical license (available at the top of this page) should be signed by the company's legal representative
How shall the signed physical license be delivered?
The preferred method is to return the document duly signed, in PDF format, via electronic mail, to the SCI team at EOSupport@Copernicus.esa.int. Note that the entire document should be delivered – we cannot accept the last page only.
If not avoidable, the alternative is to send it via fax to the following number +44 1483 446950 or via post to the following address:
ESA Copernicus Services Coordinated Interface (SCI)
ESA service operated by Airbus Defence and Space Intelligence
Compass House, 60 Priestley Road, Guildford
Surrey, GU2 7AG, United Kingdom